The Production Coordinator will issue and follow up on all the production PO’s to ensure they are going to be delivered on time. The position is responsible for ensuring that product deliveries occur on time based on the PO and if not will contact the supplier and negotiate an acceptable time.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Work with buying team to create and organize Purchase Orders for all new orders and ensure all information is accurate.
- Submit Purchase Orders to vendors and maintain proper records.
- Maintain On Order file by entering new PO’s and updating when received or if any changes are made.
- Have weekly calls with vendors to review Work In Progress reports to track status of orders.
- Partner with Warehouse team to schedule product deliveries from vendors.
- Ensure that all orders are received on time and with proper units.
- Resolve any issues with vendors that may arise with orders to ensure minimal impact to the business.
- Inform internal business partners of any possible issues with deliveries.
Required Skills Qualifications & Experience
- 1 - 2 years’ experience in production or expeditor role for an apparel company managing many vendors.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office, most importantly Excel.