Distribution Center Manager:
Manages and leads assigned Distribution Center Employees in the operations of logistical activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures speed, accuracy and safety of work methods employed by assigned team(s); assigns workers to specific duties
- Analyzes and forecasts staffing needs; works with Human Resources to make quality hiring decisions
- Develops workable implementation plans; communicates changes effectively; builds commitment and supports those affected by change
- Monitors transition and evaluates results
- Displays willingness to make decisions; exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
- Keeps need-to-know others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods
- Meets deadlines; completes work on time and within approved budget; develops and implements cost saving measures, as appropriate; effectively contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources.
- Collects and researches data; exhibits good listening and comprehension; synthesizes complex or diverse information; uses intuition and experience to complement data
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions
- Uses authority appropriately to accomplish goals; achieves win-win outcomes
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; monitors own work to ensure quality
- Designs work flows and procedures
- Takes responsibility for subordinates' activities; makes self available to staff; provides regular performance feedback; develops subordinates' skills and encourages growth; solicits and applies customer feedback (internal and external); fosters quality focus in others;
- Adapts to new technologies; troubleshoots technological problems; uses technology to increase productivity; keeps technical skills up to date
- Presents numerical data effectively
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works with integrity and principles; upholds organizational values.
- Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time
- Observes safety and security procedures
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university or two years related experience and/or training