Directs financial activities of an organization by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishes, or recommends to management, major corporate economic strategies, objectives, and policies for company
- Recommends modifications to existing corporate programs
- Prepares reports which summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present, and expected operations
- Directs preparation of budgets, reviews budget proposals, and prepares necessary supporting documentation and justification
- Advises management about insurance coverage for protection against property losses and potential liabilities
- Provides management with timely reviews of organization's financial status and progress in its various programs and activities
- Directs determination of depreciation rates to apply to capital assets
- Advises management on desirable operational adjustments
- Arranges for audits of company's accounts
- Establishes relations with banks and other financial institutions.
- Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Also directly supervises one non-supervisory employees
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws
Education and/or Experience
Master's degree or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.