The Area Manager will have a strong emphasis on customer service, driving sales and visual presentation. The Area Manager is responsible for building and retaining a high-performing team of leaders. Through strategizing, coaching, and accountability must motivate their team to provide superior customer service and in turn maximize sales. Must have an understanding of business drivers, how to maximize profitability, and have the ability to ensure visual and operational standards are met consistently.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the team maximizes sales potential by the correct use of all resources, leadership and team motivation.
- Analyze business trends and create plans to increase sales, and control expenses to drive overall profitability within Area.
- Visit and give directions to stores to ensure consistent execution of standards, operating procedures, visual guidelines, and client experience
- Implementing strong succession planning and development
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner. Use feedback to modify and develop alternative solutions
- Follow policies and procedures and complete administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Manage store systems/processes to support a sales environment and achieve operational guidelines
- Understanding the stores best sellers, our customer and adapting visual concepts for specific areas/environments
- Cascade relevant information onto store teams (morning meetings, email directives etc)
- Supervise managers through planning, assigning, and directing their overall functions.
- Supervise stores to achieve accuracy in executing markdowns, shipping, receiving, and financial control.
- Communicate in a clear, positive and professional manner designed to educate, inspire, motivate and direct behavior of all store employees
- Foster a positive work environment that encourages feedback and innovation
- Provide positive resolutions to feedback and complaints from clients
- Recruit, develop, and retain qualified associates to ensure staffing needs are consistently met
- Administer corrective actions as needed, up to and including terminations in partnership with Human Resources
- Interact regularly with all levels of store associates to gain insight on morale and gather suggestions for operational efficiency, product, and customer experience
- Ensure stores adhere to company standards for visual presentation, signage, cleanliness and organization.
- Meet sales goals by identifying successes and opportunities in the business and developing “big picture” strategies with Corporate and retail partners in mind, ultimately communicating and driving sales getting strategies to the store teams
Education and/or Experience
- 5+ years sales and team management experience in a retail environment
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Adaptable to the needs of the business
- Proven record in achieving sales and KPI’s
- Ability to lead and motivate multiple teams to achieve results
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Travel 75%+ in area ( mainly San Fernando Valley)